Sunday, January 16, 2011

Deleting a wireless connection in windows 7

For some reason, I couldn't figure out how to do this on my own. Due to my changing the settings at my router, but keeping the same network name, the setup for my WiFi on this laptop no longer worked. Under properties for the connection, I couldn't change the relevant setting. I wanted to just delete it and let the laptop find it anew.

The answer was in the Network and Sharing Center the whole time. In the blue side bar, for some reason invisible to me before, is an option for "Manage Wireless Networks" which pops up a new screen that shows all the WiFi network configurations that were entered so far. There was my bad connection, and right clicking on it got me a "Delete" option. Victory! Then my current network was redetected and I was able to set it up correctly.