Thursday, March 28, 2013

IE9 Turn off ActiveX Filtering

For some reason, it seems that last week's mandatory update to IE9 has broken my access to most of the online tools that I have to use for work. The culprit, as far as I have been able to tell, has been either the addition of ActiveX filtering to IE9 or the changing of my settings for it. Since I am not allowed access to the security settings for IE, I had to find a workaround, and it turns out that whenever IE9 gets to a site that has ActiveX, it presents a button next to the usual buttons on the top right corner that allows ActiveX to be temporarily enabled. Efforts to find a way to simply turn it back on continuously using registry editing have so far not been successful.

My last google for this did reveal that I have access to several security settings options through the "gear" icon in the top right corner. From: http://www.aboutfortunate.com/Technology-Blog.aspx?entid=39