Saturday, November 17, 2018

PCMANFM deleting bookmarks

I accidently hit the eject symbol for the MicroSD card on a file browser in Raspbian. To my surprise, the system continued to function, contrary to what I'd read elsewhere. I think that what happened was not an ejection of the OS but it deleted a link which opens the browser to the OS top level. After some frantic searches, I was reminded that this browser is called PCMANFM and learned that the links in the side panel are "bookmarks". The following article provide enough info for me to manually reestablish the bookmark. It seems like the browser app remembers changes to the list of bookmarks even through restarts. Here is the article that helped me get a handle on what was going on: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=107216