Monday, November 12, 2012

Replacement glass for Andersen SKS skylight

Here I go, having to get replacement glass for this skylight YET AGAIN. I installed the Andersens 5 years ago thinking that a respected brand name like that would be available for decades. Nope. They discontinued selling skylights the next year and I missed the memo from Home Depot. Fortunately they do have a parts department. Sadly, they want everything to be a difficult as possible and want measurements despite the fact that I have the part number of both the skylight and sash.

The skylights that I originally bought were SKS 2438 and 2446.

A pdf of the replacement parts catalog is here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:gT5lLBuraZIJ:www.andersenwindows.com/homeowner/pdfs/Skylight.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiB0FRpA24VfZvvzk4U9n3D5iDzqVl3_uUeWQWjjY3G1nnlrfmWX57LxunbEMCcvyKp74XMB090-W25t8WiUq9t3G_JUirH0FFIP4arJlJ9PsbLt9LFfyleieh6gcmcbVibtf-w&sig=AHIEtbQHZddrMQM7Gum9j38W_wpK5QjhVw

That's right, I have to read the google doc because Andersen pulled it from here: www.andersenwindows.com/homeowner/pdfs/Skylight.pdf

It can also be found here:

http://www.windowparts.com/v/vspfiles/files/PDFs/Skylight.pdf

The part number for my replacement sash is 1880404

They don't have a way to buy it online, of course, but they apparently still do staff their parts phone center at 877-835-9090